BLOC Programs for Kids
BLOC After School – Students ages 6-18
Our programs create safe supervised environments for students to experience enriching activities, receive personal and academic support and feel welcome and accepted. Most sites operate after school programs 3 days per week, offering:
• Homework assistance/tutoring
• Fitness room
• Recreational basketball
• Recreational games
• Games room
• "ADAPT" workshops – Alcohol & Drug Awareness & Prevention for Teens
• Character building teachings & discussion
• Small group field trips
• West Price Hill: 4017-4021 West Liberty Ave., Cincinnati, OH | email@example.com
• East Price Hill: 931 McPherson Ave., Cincinnati, OH | firstname.lastname@example.org
• Lower Price Hill - Arts building: 714 Neave, Cincinnati, OH | email@example.com
• Cleves: 101 E. Main Street, Cleves, OH | firstname.lastname@example.org
EPOH House (“HOPE” spelled backwards)-Boys & Girls residences
The EPOH house focuses on providing a safe environment for youth that have nowhere else to turn. Four program supervisors (Two female and two male) live at each site to provide academic support and life skills mentoring. Cincinnati Public School teachers also assist with remedial tutoring and mentoring several hours each week. Counseling and community service are required of House residents. EPOH moved into newly remodeled facilities in September 2016.
The Story: The Rosina Ryan House for boys is named for the great-great grandmother of members of the “Hope in Heels Foundation”. Placed in an orphanage as an infant, Rosina was never adopted. At 16, she found work at a local dairy. Later, Rosina supplemented her husband’s income by hand sewing baseballs in her home. To honor Rosina’s courage and accomplishments, the “Hope in Heels Foundation” has partnered with BLOC to offer a place of hope for teen boys and girls.
The Cary Morgan House for Girls is named for Cary Morgan, son of BLOC Board member.
For more information, contact Director, Chris Staser | email@example.com
BLOC Sports Performance
BLOC Sports Performance Athletics (BLOC SPORT) provides area middle and high school athletes professional level training programs, and personal one-on-one mentorship and academic support. The main goal is to help the boys get accepted into college with either an academic or athletic scholarship. BLOC Sport provides a holistic training program that will target six facets of the student athlete’s life.
- Athletic Development: The Students are trained athletically by nationally certified trainers, using state-or-the-art equipment. Jordan Bunch is a CSCS certified professional trainer with other trainers being modeled after Ignition training programs (worldwide leader in sport performance training located in Mason, Ohio).
- Spiritual Guidance: The young men receive spiritual and emotional guidance on a daily basis.
- One-to-One Mentoring: Each athlete is assigned a mentor that will meet with them one-on-one to help guide them through the journey of becoming a man.
- Tutoring: Tutoring is provided and required to maintain the GPA standard to train at BLOC Sport Performance.
- Nutritional Guidance: Nutritional guidance is provided by a qualified dietitian, along with assistance in obtaining healthy food options.
- Job Assistance: The athletes receive assistance in training for and obtaining a job and or college, which will help them learn the value of legitimate work and how to manage their money.
Additionally, BLOC Sport “graduates” will have the option to pursue becoming a certified trainer and work for their scholarship by training younger athletes. BLOC Sports Performance is located at 715 State Street, Lower Price Hil
The Tribe Program, at BLOC Sports Performance, exists to train the bodies, heal the souls, and grow the spirits of at-risk male teenagers in inner city Cincinnati. We are a part of breaking cycles of poverty, violence, incarceration and fatherlessness through our holistic approach to each young man. We train, heal and grow each young man that takes part in our program. Twice a month we go into the Juvenile Detention Center to offer fitness and also provide information to join The Tribe Program once on probation.
Contact Jordan Bunch | firstname.lastname@example.org
At Girls Wanted we: eat, play, talk, create. Our mission each Tuesday night, from 6 p.m. - 7:30 p.m., is to connect girls with each other, female role models, and God. And in so doing, help them know they are loved and valued, which results in less susceptibility to drug addiction and sex trafficking traps.
Contact Lisa Jones | email@example.com
If you are interested in donating to BLOC Program for Students, please fill out the form below and someone will be in contact with you soon. Thank you.